Create Visualization from WasapiLoopbackCapture

Dec 14, 2014 at 9:38 PM
Hi,

I'm trying to build a visualization based on the data that's coming from the Loopback. However, because the WasapiLoopbackCapture doesn't implement the IWaveSource Interface (seems legit), I cannot get the SingleBlockNotificationStream to work.

I'm referring to the winforms Visulization sample, btw.
At the end, I would need a an array with eight values, which I could use for a fancy 8 column spectrum graph (quite small, I know).

But I'm already lost at providing the samples for the fft. Is there another way I'm missing here?
Coordinator
Dec 15, 2014 at 9:43 AM
You can use the SoundInSource to convert the WasapiLoopbackCapture to an IWaveSource.
Dec 15, 2014 at 10:02 AM
Ah,

that sounds easy, thank you.
Dec 15, 2014 at 11:34 PM
Meh - Hm. :\

Now, I'm lost. Do I need to actually "play" the SingleBlockNotificationStream somewhere? Because I'm not getting any samples added to the baseclass. If I add the soundout, I get double output, of course. And, by the way, only the first run is done for the fft, the second call won't receive any new samples. :\
Coordinator
Dec 16, 2014 at 1:40 PM
Nah. It is not that difficult. Take a look at the Recorder-Sample. It should show the basic principle behind processing audio data manually. If there are any further questions, feel free to ask :).